TVS iQube offers a range of connectivity features for a superior ownership experience.
With petrol prices rising by the day, owning the right sort of two-wheeler has become a complex decision. As a result, running a petrol scooter has become uneconomical. Fortunately, we have the perfect solution in the form of the TVS iQube Electric Scooter, with a real-world range of 100 kilometers per charge. But that’s not all. What else makes this the top mileage electric scooter in India? Read on to discover its many smart and connected features to level up your electric scooter experience.
TVS is the third largest manufacturer of two-wheelers in India and a leader in top-mileage scooters. TVS introduced the segment-defining TVS Scooty back in 1994. They even ventured into the electric space with the TVS Scooty Teenz Electric in 2008, much before the concept of electric scooters became mainstream. In May 2022, TVS Motor introduced a new range of electric scooters to update their solid electric offering, the TVS iQube. TVS has always catered to the best interests of customers and updated the iQube electric with features based on their feedback. The two-wheeler manufacturing giant released three variants; the iQube, iQube S, and the iQube ST. Each of these variants offers various exciting features that qualify the iQube as an exciting option for anyone who would like to experience electric scooters. Apart from being a smart connected scooter, it also offers a great range of 100km with the TVS iQube and iQube S and 145km with the iQube ST, making it the highest mileage electric scooter in India. However, we restrict the scope of our discussion and comparison to the TVS iQube and TVS iQube S alone for this blog post.
The TVS iQube offers excellent connectivity facilities through a dedicated app, TVS iQube, available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. TVS Motor offers the first year of connected services on a complimentary basis, after which you could choose to continue using the basic plan which is available free of charge or opt for the full suite of services for an annual subscription fee. These connected services work seamlessly via Bluetooth connectivity for any smartphone. All variants of the TVS iQube are compatible with a host of SmartXonnect features.
We shall segregate these 15 features broadly into a) Safety Features, b) Vehicle Health, c) Infotainment Features, d) Navigation Features and e) Sustainability.
1. Live vehicle tracking – TVS iQube dashboard has an in-built SIM, enabling you to communicate with your smartphone via the dedicated app. This gives you real-time vehicle location on demand.
2. Crash/Fall Alert – Users can feed their immediate contact’s details on the app to utilize this safety feature. It is helpful because it intimates your emergency contacts immediately, in the event of the TVS iQube being involved in an incident.
3. Geo-fencing – This facility provides greater safety to the vehicle. Users can set up to five geo-fences for the scooter. The system alerts the user whenever the vehicle crosses these fences.
4. Anti-theft alert – The TVS iQube allows its owners to sleep peacefully because the anti-theft alert feature notifies the owner when someone drags the vehicle while it is locked.
Vehicle Health Features
5. Service alert – You can rest assured about the vehicle’s servicing schedules now because the scooter will notify you to make sure you know when it is time to service your scooter.
6. Proactive diagnosis – Besides service alerts, the TVS iQube has a self-diagnosis module which checks for vehicle malfunction of critical components, like the engine or the battery, and maintains optimum performance.
7. Music Player App – The TVS iQube has a music player on the dashboard that connects to your smartphone. You can control this function through the five-way joystick while you are on the move to play/ pause and skip tracks.
8. Stay Connected – There’s always a fear of missing out in our lives, but the TVS iQube has you covered. With notification alerts for all your social media apps, you are always up to speed.
9. Hands-free phone connectivity – Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your smartphone to the TVS iQube and access the various features available on the iQube app.
10. Incoming call/SMS alerts – You need not remain cut off from your friends and loved ones while riding your TVS iQube. The incoming call/SMS alert notifies you accordingly. However, we recommend stopping the vehicle and attending to your phone, or using the next feature, if you’d rather go undisturbed
11. Do Not Disturb – For a hassle-free ride with no distractions, you can activate the DND mode and set a custom response to let everyone know that you are riding and will attend their call in a while.
12. Navigation Assist – There’s always a meeting that pops up in a corner of the city that you aren’t familiar with. But getting lost is now a thing of the past with Navigation Assist. This feature helps you reach your destination using the shortest and least congested traffic route with turn-by-turn prompts on your connected electric scooter’s cluster.
13. Last Parked Location – You never lose sight of your TVS iQube, even when parked in crowded locations like stadiums, malls, cinema theatres, etc. The Last parked location facility directs you accurately toward your vehicle.
14. Carbon Saving – Your TVS iQube runs on electricity. So, you can bid goodbye to fossil fuels and play your part in reducing emissions and helping the environment breathe a little easier.
15. Regenerative Braking – This feature helps capture energy while slowing down, more efficiently. With the best-in-class regenerative braking, the TVS iQube manages to extend its real-world range electric scooter mileage by up to 7% per charge cycle.
|Features||Basic||Advanced||TVS iQube||TVS iQube S|
|Smartphone Status||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Incoming caller and SMS notification||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Public charging station visibility||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DND mode||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Auto-reply while riding||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Remote Live vehicle tracking||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Last parked location||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dark & Light view on vehicle||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Music player control on the vehicle||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||No||Yes|
|Incoming caller image and profile image on the vehicle||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||No||Yes|
|Document storage on the vehicle||When connected to Bluetooth||When connected to Bluetooth||No||Yes|
So, which scooter has the highest mileage? We have seen that the TVS iQube Electric Scooter, with its excellent range of 100km (the TVS iQube ST offers 145km) on a single charge, is certainly one of the highest mileage electric scooters in India. Moreover, the TVS iQube offers a whole range of connectivity features, as we have discussed in this post, to make it a truly connected experience and level up your scooter to the next generation.