Two-wheeler major, TVS Motor Company unveiled their latest engineering and design masterpiece, the Apache here today. The Apache is the new 150 CC, 5 speed stunner of a motorcycle created to be the leader of the 150 CC motorcycle class with respect to acceleration, performance, styling, ride handling, and stability. With its sporty and chiseled looks and unmatched performance packed with superior engine technology, the Apache is sure to be a head turner.
Apache's engine is powered by 13.5 Brake Horse Power (bhp) and, with the highest power to weight ratio in its class, the bike is slated to be the fastest off the block in the 150 CC category.
The Apache has been designed and engineered to woo youngsters on the look out for a motorcycle that is aggressive and sporty looking with class leading performance. This racing inspired sleek machine characterises unique engine features, innovative design, international looks, advanced engineering and technical excellence offering an exhilarating combination of sporty performance and exceptional ride comfort in highways and city roads.
Apache's crisp engine performance is backed by new innovations and latest technology. The Intake and Exhaust Surge technology will enable excellent initial pick up and responsive acceleration the instant you open the throttle, providing a scintillating experience. On the other hand, the Inductive Digital Ignition (IDI) engine technology will result in a host of benefits to the rider with excellent engine response, consistent fuel economy and excellent cold startability.
To complement the sporty stance and athletic looks, Apache will sport wide tyres in black alloy wheels of 17 inch in the front and 18 inch at the rear for greater road grip. A special paint is being used on the bike to add to the unique look. The synchronised stiff chassis developed using the latest lessons from TVS Racing will ensure easy maneuvour through heavy traffic and total control at high speeds and tight corners. The rear suspension is equipped with state of the art Monotube Inverted Gas Shox (MIG) to ensure unmatched ride comfort.
The Apache riders will have 4 colours to choose from with alloy wheels as a standard feature. The bike will come with electric start and 240 mm front disc brake. The Apache with all these features will be priced only at Rs.52,498/- ex-showroom, Chennai.
With the Apache, TVS is now set to redefine the 150 CC segment. With this launch TVS aims at strengthening its position in the premium segment of the motorcycle and consolidate further on total volumes.
DYNAMIC FEATURES OF APACHE
• 150 CC, 5 speed, 13.5 bhp motorcycle
• Intake and Exhaust (IE) surge with intake and exhaust resonator which translates to an excellent initial pick-up and greater acceleration
• Inductive Digital Ignition (IDI) engine with lean burn technology
• The Roller Cam Follower (RCF) technology for low friction engine for greater mileage and durability
• The convenience of all gear start
• Synchronized stiff chassis making it easy to maneuver through heavy traffic and have precise control at high speeds
• Monotube Inverted Gas filled shock absorbers giving greater ride comfort
• Athletic look, black alloy wheels and special paint giving the Apache a sporty styling
• 17 inch front wheels and 18 inch rear wheels giving it a sporty stance
• Wider tyres giving better road grip
• 240 mm disc brakes for effective braking
• Handle bar balancing mass for very low vibrations