The total motorcycle sales in March 2004 stood at 62,060 units compared to 55,659 units in the same period last year recording a 12% increase. The Scooterette sales achieved a significant growth of 84% clocking 15,512 units in March 2004 compared to 8,450 units recorded last year and Moped sales stood at 23,019 units in March 2004 compared to 20,899 units in the same period last year, registering a growth of 10 %.
The Company closed the financial year 2003-04 with a 2.5% growth over the previous financial year. The company's total sales during the year 2003-04 crossed the One Million mark for the second time in a row.
The company will soon launch variants of Victor and 4 stroke Max motorcycles to help consolidate the growth in motorcycles in the coming months.
In the overall analysis, the year 2003-04 has been gratifying one for the Company.
Highlights of 2003-04 :-
- The company recorded a growth of 12% in motorcycle sales in March 04 compared to the same period last year. This has been due to the strong growth recorded by the four stroke motorcycles.
- The company's recently launched "TVS Centra" sales crossed 30,000 mark in just 70 days since its launch
- A new 'style' variant of Fiero, 'Fiero FX' was launched in March 04 and the initial customer response has been very good.
- The Scooterette sales have increased from 152,472 units last year to 189,261 units this year, registering 24% growth. The company continues to maintain its leadership in the sub 100 cc segment
- TVS Scooty crossed the one million unit mark in March 04
- TVS Motor Company continues to maintain its market leadership in the moped segment and has done exceptionally well compared to the industry